LEE SHADOW PLAY (CONTEST)
LEE Jeans Philippines invites everyone to feel the pulse and rediscover the various experiences of where we live. Capture and share these moments via their new contest, Shadow Play, for a chance to win 2,000USD!
Shadow Play is an online photography contest that will run from August 1 to 31, 2012.
All you have to do is to take photos using your camera of choice (SLR, mobile phone, etc…) and interpret through photography the various scenes and the shadows the city creates - from as basic as the shadows formed during sunrise or sunset, to the shadows created by trees or children playing in the street. Just remember the key words: Shadow Play.
For a more detailed contest mechanics, read on!
Here's how to join:
- As long as you're 18 years old or above, you can photograph the shadows of the city to win 2,000USD from Lee.
- Upload your entries to www.leeshadowplay.com. Photos should be 800 x 600 pixels, 72 dpi and in JPEG format.
- Caption every photo with 10 words or less. Tell us what it's about.
- You can only send in three entries so pick your best ones.
- Photos don't necessarily have to be self portraits.
- Photo manipulation is not allowed. Your entry will be invalid if it is digitally altered using Adobe Photoshop or similar software.
- Spread the word and let your friends vote for it on the Lee microsite!
Here's a step-by-step guide in registering and uploading your entries:
On the Shadow Play homepage, login via your Instagram or Facebook account.
1. Judges will choose weekly winning photos based on solely on criteria provided. If your photo doesn't win that week, you still have a chance to get picked the following weeks.
Judging for weekly winners is on Wednesdays at 3pm.
Criteria of judging
- Composition and unique subject matter - 25%
- Storytelling - 25%
- Lighting/use of shadows - 25%
- Votes - 25%
3. Three (3) weekly winners each get Php1,500 worth of Lee gift certificates (valid for use from August 9, 2012 to August 9, 2013). One major weekly winner gets a Lee x La Sardina Lomography camera.
4. All weekly winners shall be leigible to jin the final judging stage. Runners up get one fixie bike each designed by Kiko Escora. The grand prize winner gets 2,000USD and will be declared on September 1, 2012 on the grand event at B-Side.
5. Winning photos will remain the intellectual property of the photographer though Lee will be entitled to its exclusive use throughout the campaign.
1. Weekly winners may collect their goodies at the Bates office.
- 21F Picadilly Star Bldg., 4th Avenue corner 27th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines
- Only on Fridays from 1pm to 5pm
- Within 60 days upon receiving your notification
- With two valid IDs and a printed copy of your winning photo
2. Watch your photo get projected on the Lee LED Billboard on EDSA.
3. See your winning photograph as part of the LEE campaign.
The participant and the work:
1. Upon submitting photographs and its accompanying texts to Lee Shadow Play, the participant declares:
-That the materials are the exclusive property of the participant and are not involved in plagiarism;
-That the people portrayed in the photo have granted permission;
-That permission from persons portrayed in the photo who are below the age of 18 shall be taken from the parents or guardians of the minor;
-That the subjects portrayed are in public domain and are not covered by third parties copyrights;
-That the materials and accompanying texts have not been previously sold, assigned or entered in another contest.
2. Entries will be disqualified if:
-Participant did not comply with the above mechanics
-Participant is an employee of the Authentic American Apparel and its affiliates
3. Voting for entries:
-Visit the Lee microsite gallery
-Voters should register via Facebook to let them click "vote" on their photo of choice
-Voters are allowed to vote a maximum of two times per week
4. Prize redemption:
-In Metro Manila area is at Bates office on 21F Picadilly Star Bldg., 4th Avenue corner 27th Street, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig, Philippines
-In provinces, via shipping
-Within 60 days of receiving mail notification
- August 9 weekly winner announcement
- August 16 weekly winner announcement
- August 23 weekly winner announcement
- August 30 weekly winner announcement
- September 1 grand winner announcement
5. Prizes are not transferable to cash
By submitting materials to Lee Shadow Play, the contestant agrees to all the rules of the contest.
What are you waiting for? Explore your city, play with shadows, get your cameras ready, join the contest and tell us your story.