Don't know what to do with all the bread that you'll be getting as a gift (yes, people still give food as gifts) this Christmas? Aside from bird feed, why not try making bread pudding?
Here's my version. I named it PBB or Piaya-Biscocho-Bread Pudding.
1 pack of Piaya
1 pack of Biscocho
6 slices of bread
2 cups milk
|2 tbsp melted butter|
1/2 cup muscovado sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup dried dates
|1. Tear the slices of bread, Piaya and the Biscocho sticks.|
2. Evenly spread the torn pieces in a greased rectangular baking pan.
3. Drizzle the melted butter on top of the bread pieces.
4. Evenly scatter the dried dates on top; set aside.
|5. Beat the eggs, milk, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla.|
6. Pour the mixture over the bread pieces in the pan.
7. Press the bread down using a spatula making sure the mixture is absorbed and evenly spread.
8. Set aside for 5 minutes.
|9. Bake for 30 − 40 minutes in a pre-heated oven.|
10. You will know that it is done when the top of the pudding bounces back when you give it a tap.
11. Let it cool.
12. Cut into even square pieces.