The road to fame starts tonight as ETC brings you American Idol XIII this January 2014! Catch the two day premier on ETC this January 16, Thursday LIVE via satellite at 6pm with a primetime telecast at 8pm and January 17, Friday LIVE via satellite at 6pm with a primetime telecast at 9pm.
Hosted by Ryan Seacrest, and featuring judges Harry Connick Jr., Keith Urban, and Jennifer Lopez, aoong with in-house mentor Randy Jackson, the series continues its search across America to find the next singing superstar.
This year the show's judges travel to Atlanta, Austin, Boston, Detroit, Omaha, Salt Lake City, and San Francisco. With their years of experience as acclaimed artists, it's up to them to narrow down the competitors to a select group of semifinalists who will sing in front of a live studio and TV audience. Then, from this stage forward (we know the drill), the viewing public determines who will advance to become a finalist and who will go home.
With the introduction of ETC streaming online, now you have no reason to miss the latest episodes of American Idol XIII. Simply log onto http://www.blink-now.com and register for FREE to watch ETC's live streaming on a computer or laptop.
Locally, ETC lets you have your say via their Twitter (@etc_channel) and Facebook (facebook.com/etctv) page where you could win great prizes from the channel or see your comments on-air. Just type in your thought with the hashtag: #aionetc
But the road to fame will not just stop on American Idol XIII! It will continue online via ETC's Road To Fame Campaign. It's time to show off your confidence and let your talent shine! This is your chance to appear on ETC with your 15 seconds of fame!
If you're a passionate singer or just want to share your voice with the world, simply upload a 15-second video of yourself singing a cover from your favorite music artist on Instagram and tell ETC "Who Do You Sing For" with the hashtag: #aionetc. You want a sample? Check out my entries on Instagram or better yet, watch this video:
ETC will then choose ten of the best performers from the hashtagged and upload videos to be aired during all-new episodes of American Idol XIII.
If you're more of the seriously competitive type, then ETC's Vocapella might be just the thing for you...
...and your group! Php200,000 is at stake at the grand finals!
In the spirit of ETC's hit musical shows American Idol and Glee, ETC is calling on the college students of Metro Manila to step up on the microphone and sing your heart out for your school by joining Vocapella, an inter-school a cappella competition.
Here's how to join:
- Form a singing group of six members from the college you are currently enrolled in
- Video yourself performing a medley of songs
- Entries must be 3 - 5 minutes long
- Upload your video on Youtube and send the link to firstname.lastname@example.org or snail mail to Solar Entertainment's Office (2/F Worldwide Corporate Center Corner EDSA, Mandaluyong City)
- ETC will then choose the best entries and call on the groups to submit a second video performance that will be uploaded for audience voting on ETC's website
- The groups with the most votes will then perform against each other in front of a live audience and a panel of judges made up of music industry professionals
- Performers will be judged based on harmony, song choice & arrangement, audience impact, costume and choreography
ETC Vocapella will be launched next month so watch out for it!
ETC is seen on UHF channel 21, Sky Cable and Destiny Digital Ch. 16, Global Destiny Ch. 28, Cignal Ch. 9, Cable Link Ch. 34 and various cable operators nationwide.